Pine View Astronomy

Saturday, March 17, 2007


March 17---HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

To celebrate I went out to look at Saturn. At first I didn't know which point of light was the planet. I did know it was east of Gemini and right next to Leo, though finding Leo was tricky. After consulting a sky map various times, I did find Saturn (and then I found Leo), it was so cool! I could see the space between the rings and the planet, and when I went to a higher resolution I could see one of Saturn's moon to the south. With the higher resolution I found the Orion Nebula though it looked like a giant fuzzy pach with stars in the foreground. After that, I turned the telescope toward the big dipper and looked at that multi-binary star in the middle of the handle. With the naked eye, it looked like a regular binary star, but in the viewing window the tw stars turned into three. There was two bright ones to the north and south and a fainter one to the east. The star to the north had a companion, but that was the only star I could see with a companion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home